1. It's 5:21 in the morning and I'm making chocolate chip cookies with kettle chips in them. Well, I was making them until I realized that I was out of baking soda so now I'm waiting until 6am to hit up the Kroger. The struggle is real, y'all.
2. I think my knee is broken! Well, not really. I think I've got an IT band strain. That's what I and Dr. WebMD have diagnosed me with so you know it's legit. Feels like I'm being stabbed in the knee every time I walk. Well, not every time but sometimes. Please send my left knee good energy so that I'll be in tip top shape, or at least some version of it, for the St. Jude half in December! These hills, I blame them.
3. I believe I slept through a tornado in Oxford last night. I hope it didn't take down Game Day, that would be awkward.
4. I'm on the hunt for a new bag. I think this Lines and Stripes Catch All would fit the bill.
5. My bud Win and I went to a great little bible study/meaningful group called Connections at St. Peters this week. The discussion was related to a chapter from the book The Secret Power of Yoga and it was all about sustaining equanimity. It's really cool how if you wait and keep you eyes open, the paths of life will start to melt all together to create so pretty cool lessons to really learn what's out there for you to learn. I've learned about equanimity in my counseling world, this book is one that had just arrived at my door step for Yoga Teacher Training and this is all being talked about at my new church! I think that's the coolest. But back to the discussion - it was good stuff. Check out the book if you are interested...I haven't read it yet but if the whole book is anything like that one chapter than I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up, way up. Find the book on amazon right here and head to Chapter 6 if you are interested.
6. Speaking of St. Peters, the blessing of the animals in next Saturday morning. I'm taking the Big Browne Hound and it might be so cute that I will fall out right then and there. Amidst the newly blessed animals and a bunch of people that I don't know.
Guys, if you're still out there, I hope you're well. I'll be back soon!
Have a Great Weekend.
20 hours ago